Automotive industry charity, Ben, has today officially launched its Critical response service, to support employers and their employees in times of crisis. This free service sees Ben working with automotive industry businesses to provide appropriate, often immediate, support for employees when they experience an unexpected or traumatic incident or event.
This specialist service supports employees who have recently experienced:
• Death of a colleague or customer
• Serious injury to a member of staff or customer
• Physical or psychological threat (life threatening risk or situations of extreme violence)
• Incidents where the circumstances are so unusual or the sights and sounds so distressing, that individuals need support to cope with the trauma experienced.
Ben has been developing this onsite trauma support service since 2017, after being approached for support by automotive Ben4Business partners following a traumatic incident affecting their employees.
As part of the service, Ben provides:
• Employer guidance, support and reassurance from a single point of contact
• Employee briefings providing awareness on emotional responses and coping strategies
• Assessing the wellbeing of individuals who have been affected, through 1:1 engagement meetings
• Referral pathway for ongoing support (such as counselling) for individuals when needed
• Specialist information and self-help resources for employers and employees.
To seek support with a critical incident in your workplace, call Ben’s helpline on 08081 311 333.