New Snap-on Software Upgrade Helps Technicians Embrace the Full Potential of their Diagnostic Platforms
KING’S LYNN April, 2021 – With the latest Snap-on® software release, professional technicians get the full potential of their diagnostic platform to increase their productivity and overcome even the toughest obstacles more quickly. From the moment they power-on, technicians can confidently service customers with a tool containing unparalleled depth in general and collision repair coverage.
With more than just new coverage and features, it also delivers significant and exclusive expert information enhancements. Plus, everything from previous releases.
“Garages need the latest coverage to continue to meet the needs of their customers,” said Mark Ost, General Manager, UK Snap-on Diagnostics. “Keeping their diagnostic software up-to-date maximises their diagnostic tool investment and guarantees better performance than the day it was bought. No other diagnostic tool and information provider can deliver such extensive coverage, services and features.”
New coverage highlights include:
- Automotive model year updates
- Expanded 2021 model code scan and code clear
- Over 25 new models with systems and special functions
- ADAS recalibrations for Audi®, BMW®, Hyundai®, Kia®, Mazda®, Mercedes-Benz®, Mitsubishi®, Seat®, Škoda®, Toyota®, Volkswagen®
- Over 88,000 new component tests added. Snap-on’s ever-expanding component test coverage means that you’ll have what you need to diagnose the fault and get to the root cause
New features and enhancements include:
- Find common maintenance resets, such as fluids and brakes, quicker with the new Maintenance Category for ZEUS™
- Automatic Data Population on the ADAS Recalibration Report. Includes tech name and the certificate ID. For ZEUS, VERUS® Edge, TRITON-D8™, APOLLO-D8™, MODIS™ Edge, SOLUS Legend® and SOLUS Edge®
- Auto VIN will automatically identify the make, model, year and engine when the scan module is plugged into the vehicle. Or add the information manually by disabling the function in the platform settings. For ZEUS, VERUS Edge, TRITON-D8, APOLLO-D8, MODIS Edge, SOLUS Legend and SOLUS Edge
- New vehicle identification screen. Once populated, data replicates on to the ADAS Recalibration and Vehicle System Reports for ZEUS, VERUS Edge, TRITON-D8, APOLLO-D8, MODIS Edge, SOLUS Legend and SOLUS Edge
- Finish jobs even faster with linked functional tests and reset procedures in award-winning and exclusive Service Resets and Relearns, available for ZEUS
Keeping their diagnostic platform up to date ensures that technicians can access the full potential of the tool. Snap-on exclusives include:
- Fast-Track® Intelligent Diagnostics walks through every step to the solution, avoiding unnecessary steps. Includes expert information updated and available before, during and after every software release
- Snap-on Secure Vehicle Gateway™ for direct access to vehicles right from the scan tool for 2017 and newer Fiat Chrysler (FCA) models
- Snap-on Cloud access for up-to-the-second online storage. Archive, reference, retrieve and communicate vehicle systems reports, thermal images and more to customers, colleagues and insurance companies
- SureTrack® for Real Fixes and verified parts replacement records from millions of successful repair orders
- Guided Component Tests that show how to test, where to connect and what results to look for
- On-tool guided component test training with over 70 topics and hundreds of on-tool courses
- DOIP communications support for Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo vehicles
- Vehicle and ADAS recalibration reports supply a customer or insurer diagnostic work summary
- Wide-ranging support programs, including a customer care hotline and free online training and support
For specific coverage and features by platform, refer to the vehicle coverage guide at http://snapon.com/vcg
For more information about the latest software coverage and features or available software programs, contact a participating Snap-on Franchisee or other sales representative, or visit http://snapon.com/software.
About Snap-on Diagnostics:
Snap-on Diagnostics is part of Snap-on Incorporated, a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, diagnostics and repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products are sold through the company’s franchisee, company-direct distributor and Internet channels. Founded in 1920, Snap-on is headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin. To learn more about any of Snap-on’s diagnostic solutions visit http://diagnostics.snapon.com.